Categories

add blog login

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 4 February 2014

New Etsy Additions

Following a spurt of new ideas for my Etsy shop I have decided to create a range of more affordable clothing and accessories. I have recently added 2 new scarves and a convertible top/cardigan. The scarves wee completely random from anything i had done before I just picked up a yarn and ran it through the machine hoping for the best and the results were quite pleasing! Take a look:
 I used a cotton and acrylic slub yarn so that when I overdyed the yarn would only partially take the dye and create a mottled and textured effect.
 This can be worn as a simple waterfall cardigan over a long sleeve top.
 Or you can twist the straps and panels to create halter neck and other unusual top designs. Become you're own stylist!
Next up is my grey marled yarn ladder and tassel infinity scarf/ snood.
This snood was knitted with about 4 different types of grey yarn that give it it's really unusual texture and sheen and also keeps the scarf warm and bulks up the tassels!


This piece was a pattern a made for valentines, I wanted to have some more unusual pieces for valentines that aren't the typical red and dark pink colours. As someone that works in retail the "valentines magic" slowly fades for me and this is a way of creating something for valentines that is still sweet but just a bit different!
 I used a high shine grey acrylic to pair the peachy pink chenille effect yarn with. Im not usually a fan of chenille yarns but i really like how it make the hearts raised and also gives the snood a nice soft lining.

The last top is another Mark Fast inspired piece. I had some black merino elastane left over and desided to make a cute little top marled with gold lurex and large lace holes this crop top is a lovely basic but unusual piece for anyones wardrobe.



So that is all my latest additions to my Etsy shop! I hopefully will be creating more this week as I have loads of new ideas and yarns to try out! I'm happy to say that both the scarves have sold since listing but they are still available to have made to order! All these pieces are available here at my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment